Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > General Discussions > The Lounge > New OGF Members >

Welcome to OGF!

Old 04-16-2008, 12:57 PM   #41
FOSR
Alex

Default Hello from FOSR

I represent the Friends of the Scioto River, a watershed advocacy group centered in Franklin County, Ohio. You can learn more about us at friendsofthesciotoriver.org. Basically our two main golas are to protect the watershed and promote the public enjoyment of it.

I joined this forum because we are trying to establish contacts with the major groups of people who use the river, and of course, fishermen should be included. I have been surfing the board to see what issues you are discussing, and I already recognize a few such as activity on Griggs.

I will have some questions to ask of you, but not in this Welcome thread. I can also offer some background information, for example, on the controversy surrounding the proposed Geiger boathouse in Duranceau Park.
FOSR is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 04-18-2008, 07:13 AM   #42
OHMC 1st VP

Hey...finally decided to join here...have dropped in on several occasions due to links provided by other members. Most recently by a guy who goes by Doug Z on the OHMC message board.

I am a Muskie hunter first and foremost...have been for 8 yrs or more now. That is how I spend the bulk of my time on the water...chasing ski's.

I fish the Manistee for a week every Fall for Salmon. Hit the Chagrin (and this year Cold Creek) for Steelhead Winter/Spring. Lake Erie for perch and walleye with dad a few times a Summer. Some pond fishing for LMB and BG here and there, also Rocky Fork Creek at least once a year for smallies. Try to go get salty at least a few days a year...love to surf fish. I have been going to Carolina Beach NC for the past 5 yrs for 4-7 day trips...might get 2 weeks this year if I'm lucky. Gearing up for shark this time, and plan to hit the Gulf Stream at least once on a head boat or charter while I'm there this time. Jig for some tuna, wahoo, etc...

I'll try and stay active on here...but it is fishing weather now so...
OHMC 1st VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #43
wirenut212

Send a message via MSN to wirenut212

Hello my name is Scott. I live in Hamilton but will be moving to clifton soon. Just got married last July and have to the wife hooked on fishing. Mostly go to laural river lake to fish but have gone on the Ohio river a little. This sit has and will be a great help and finding great and new places to fish.
Thanks
wirenut212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:27 PM   #44
TawtETrout99

Talking Just a chick that likes to fish

Hi, I'm new of course. Just thought this would be a good way to learn about some good areas to fish in the area. i live in Miamisburg OH. I'm not a very good fisher-wo-man but i do enjoy it tremendously. my pappy was a heck of a fisherman from what i remember, so as my brother would say "its in our blood". Normally i would get advice from my brother but he is at bootcamp to become a Marine. Guess I have to wait till he graduates in a month. Any tips to some good areas to fish are welcome. no boat here... i just hoof it to my fishin spots.
TawtETrout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #45
Rcompromise
Go Fish

Big Fish! New to OGF

Hi, John Krom long time fisherman, Shore for a long time. Bought a Lowe deck boat with a 115 Evenrude a couple of years ago pretty nice to fish from. A compromise with my wife hence the name of the boat "R"Compromise. I mounted a couple of rod holders on the bimini frame works great for trolling. It is easy to trailer so I go to Berlin, West Branch, Portage, and Salt Fork. I will be camping at Salt Fork starting Thur.- Sun. I don't get down there much any hints would be good. Target eyes, muskie, bass okay I'll try anything. I also like to get out on the ocean a couple of times a year Stripers, Blues, Fluke, . How do you load pictures I have a couple of nice striper pics from the weekend before memorial day from Sandy Hook, NJ. any help would be appreciated. Im looking forward to participating on this site.

Thanks,
John
Rcompromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #46
CDL

Hey everyone. I actually joind back in May but I just found this forum. I'm 24 and live in Marysville. I only fish from the shore due to the fact I don't own a boat (yet). I fished all the time as a kid but stopped once my granddad passed away while I was in junior high. I'm just now getting back into it and loving every minute of it. I'll fish for anything that hits my hook. I've learned a lot from this site already and I look forward to learning a lot more.

Chop your own wood, and it will warm you twice.
-Henry Ford
CDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:55 AM   #47
Thrash44047

Hey all my name is Todd, Im 36, my 8 yr old actually got me interested in fishing again. Used to go with my dad as a youth but lost the interest after he passed. This year my sons friend and his dad took my son fishing and he came home " DAD we GOTTA start fishing!!!" so that started it. WE mostly fish bass, bluegill and crappie from some local , Jefferson area, farm ponds. But im hooked on finding me a steelie this year. Hooked 2 landed 0. Im still low on the learing curve. Love the fourms great info for all.
Thrash44047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:12 PM   #48
BIGGUNS
SFC-ARMY

Hey everyone. I actually joined a month or two ago but I just found this forum also.I am Ron (45) I live in clinton (franklin twnshp) . the walleye thing all started when a friend of mine came over with some walleye fillets an made them with butter an lemon pepper seasonings an that was it , now I have a 19 ft crestliner an a beginners pack of spoons an lures an 4 trollin combos . an you all have so much experience an knowledge of this its. a great group of sportsmen here with a wide variety of info. I am looking forward to meeting some of you an hopefully fishing with some of you also. PS , god knows I can use all the help I can get (was skunked the last 4 trips out) got a little discouraged but Im not going to quit. oh, by the way I have never fished for perch before ether. lol
BIGGUNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #49
norseangler

New member but long-time angler. At 55 I've been fishing as long as can remember. Wrote about fishing for almost 30 years in Zanesville. Mostly fish for bass in the central and southeastern Ohio area from an Xpress X19. I've seen some good discussions on here and am looking forward to making some small contribution.
norseangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #50
BigDog68
OGF member

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site a few days ago, I live just a few miles outside of Greenwich,Ohio and fish as much as possible. I am a life member of the north american fishing club and a bunch of us got together and formed the Ohio Chapter of the NAFC of which I am the Co-Chairman. I will be 41 this April, am happily married to my wife, Anita for almost 18 years, we have 6 children and a new addition due in March, which we recently found out it is a boy. So, we will have 5 girls and 2 boys. I am a truck driver and drive locally out of Willard,Ohio and stay mainly in Ohio, am home every night and weekend. I am the Assistant Pastor of my church as well as the Chaplain of the NAFC Ohio Chapter. I am looking forward to meeting some of you fine people on here and doing some fishing. Have a good one. BD
BigDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #51
fishslim

Glad to have you guys aboard looking forward to hearing your reports and imput!
fishslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:41 PM   #52
Doubles

Hey everyone. Just joined a few days ago. This is a great site with great people. I'm 26 and live in Reynoldsburg. I love to fish, hunt, hike and just about anything else outdoors. I am considering getting a boat this year but for now I am shore bound. I fish mostly Deer Creek because I grew up fishing it and Paint Creek Lake, although I've been to Buckeye as well.
Glad to be a part of the OGF community.
Doubles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:09 AM   #53
Amym

Good Morning everyone! I am new to this site a few days ago. I am from down on the Ohio River. I am the secretary of the Ohio Chapter of the NAFC. I am 40 years old, have 2 children, and happily in a relationship. We all like to fish, except our son and he likes the camping part.
Amym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:40 PM   #54
dewbug

Default Hello everyone

my names paul from Hamilton. I grew up bass fishin,did some tourneyments
But really gettin hooked on saugeye and crappies too.I fish mostly in southern ohio with my kids. But from the looks of this sight i will be making a few road trips. love the sight glad to be a member.
dewbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #55
hilltopjack

Smile

Hi everyone My name is Jeff I've been a member a few weeks and I love the site. You guys are very helpful and informative I've learned alot the few short weeks that I've been a member. I live in the youngstown-warren area so I'm usually at mosquito, milton, pymatuning and the mahoning river. I also like to fish ponds for bass I basically fish for whatevers biting. I got no boat and my wife says I have to wait another year to buy one so I'll be fishing from shore again this season. I'm currently laid off from the local mill so as soon as the ice clears I'll be out fishing alot. Can't wait.
hilltopjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:45 PM   #56
ALFREDO

Hi everyone became a member last month been viewing for a couple .You guy's have a very informative site. Just started boat fishing Lake Erie last year and realy apriechate all the tip's and advice everyone gives help's out alot .Mabe in time i can help someone out. By the way the target of choice is the walleye. GOOD FISHING TO ALL.
ALFREDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #57
Hibiscusmile

Default Followed a trail!

Hi All, followed a link to this forum, and have just been popping in to real the post, haven't fished in years but am looking forward to learning more about it. Seems there's always something to learn, I raise exotic praying mantis and feeders and I believe it was a feeder link that brought me here! Good luck in the new fishing season here in beautiful OHIO! Catch some for me
Hibiscusmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #58
Shari B

Default New Old Member

Hi folks...while I'm not a new member, I haven't posted for a while. To re-introduce myself, my name is Shari. I'm now in Wickliffe, Ohio. I would love to join fo;lks to fish with. I've been sidelined for the past two years because of a hand injury. Ready to get back in the game!!!

I'm familiar with the Westside of Cleve., but not so much around here. Please feel free to PM me. I look forward to it.

Thanks, Shari
Shari B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:59 AM   #59
raisedin99

Default Newbie here, Southwest Ohio

Just got started here.
Self taught in fly fishing and fly tying.
Prefer to wade fish for smallmouth in adams county.
Always open to new buddies for guy stuff.
Retired in 2007. Planning on a trip to western pennsylvania this year to check out the trout.

Last edited by raisedin99; 03-09-2009 at 08:54 AM.
raisedin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #60
tybo

New member & love the site so far.I enjoy all types of fishing,but want to get started in fly fishing for steelhead and salmon.Would like to know if I can set something up to do double duty.Would appreciate any help from fellow anglers.Looking forward to walleye run & if you see a short man w/a red beard around Wauseon Res. it's probably me.
tybo is offline   Reply With Quote