Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > General Discussions > The Lounge > New OGF Members >

Welcome to OGF!

Old 08-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #21
BassTrackerJoe

hello everybody just joined...been reading alot of posts you guys are on it thats for sure...i love fishing for whatevers biting...just trying not to get skunked...i also like to spend some time in the woods spooking deer...i live in massillon goto portage alot with my new tracker avalanche...give me a wave

Last edited by BassTrackerJoe; 08-01-2007 at 07:00 PM.
BassTrackerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 08-01-2007, 08:46 PM   #22
WB185Ranger
Gotta Love Odie!

Welcome BTJoe!
Portage Lakes Marine
WB185Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:09 PM   #23
Bucket Mouth

Hi All. My name is Brandon and I am 29. I live in Toledo and do alot of fishing in the Maumee River for bass and cats. I occasionally hit Erie for the eyes and some perch when my buddy can take me out there. I also periodically fish Salisbury Quarry as well as some random ponds and lakes in some of the metroparks. I am first a bass fisherman and then comes everything else.

This is a good site. I'm glad I found it.
Bucket Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:13 PM   #24
JignPig Guide
Fishing Guide

Default Joined a few weeks back

Hey everyone,
Bass-a-holic is a pretty good description of me. I live in the Baltimore/Lancaster area and can't get enought time on the water. Looks like we've got some true blue fisherman on this site. I look forward to getting & giving some tips.

Gignpig out...
JignPig Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:43 PM   #25
coolerzfull

Hey OGF'ers! New too the site. I am from the Wakeman area. I like too hunt,fish and the outdoors. Hope meeting a few of you and I will be looking for them OGF stickers on your trucks.
coolerzfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:47 AM   #26
RiverRunner88

Send a message via AIM to RiverRunner88

welcome to OGF glad to have ya!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 04:54 PM   #27
corndawg
Go Bulldogs!!!

Howdy all, another new member. I live in Olmsted Falls and do most of my fishing with spinning or fly rod. Iíll fish for anything that bites but really enjoy steelhead fishing in the fall, winter and early spring. Hope to pick up and give some pointers.

-- Author Unknown

New OGF Members
corndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:42 PM   #28
Matt Harrison
Meat Processer

Deer

Hello my names Matt, i'm new to this site a buddy of mine intoduced me to it.I love to hunt and fish.I'm a full time meat cutter and my hobby is processing deer. I own Short-Cuts Deer Processing, but that is my side job after hours.Look forward to sharing stories.
Matt Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:24 PM   #29
Wolfhook120
Sean

Hi all. Just joined the site last month. Glad I did. I've picked up alot of good advice from this site and alot of straight shootin info too. A good friend of mine told me about this site. I'm 41, live in Pataskala, and fish anywhere from the pond in my complex (nice size keepers in their) to anywhere there's fishin to be done in Ohio. I also fish in a club, the OBFN, and hoping to ad another tournament trail onto my schedule next year. I also tinker with lure making which I have really gotten into now that I have a pond to test lures in. Hoping by the grace of the good lord next year to be driving my own boat, but that's another story. Welcome to all the new members, keep the lines wet and the rods bent!
Wolfhook120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:05 AM   #30
coopason

Default New member

Just registered,but I have been reading here for a few month's. Recognize some of the username's from various other forum's. i also post at Walleye central. Just wanted to say thanks for the info you guys give so freely. Learned alot about the Sandbar by reading here.
Fished the Hawgfest and met Hook and Book. I was staying in 114 at the plantation. I also was the guy wearing Notre Dame apparell. I'm sure you won't hold that against me. I did after all Marry an Ohio State Alum

Thanks for all the help you have been.
Remember guys we all started out as a beginer and those of us newbies really do appreciate all of your help..

Coopason

Ron Cooper
coopason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:50 PM   #31
Flyfish Dog
Banned

joined the other day and really like what this site has to offer. I grew up in Castalia(Sandusky) then moved to Lorain area and then to Wakeman for awhile before finally to WV. But really regret downgrading myself moving there. But the fishing has been really good for me in the mountains. I live nearby Tygart River North of Elkins. I am hoping to make the move back home someday. I am into fly fishing and tying flies nowaday cause it is more involved and a greaqt challenge for me.
Mark
Flyfish Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #32
sauguy
river & muskie angler

welcome to the site. my wife has relatives that live in castalia and the norwalk, wakeman area. nice area of the state. liked to visit the blue hole when it was not state owned.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:08 AM   #33
Wolfhook120
Sean

Welcome Flyfish. Glad to see we have another tackle maker on board. If you get a chance post some of your work on the Tackle Making forum. Again, welcome to OGF.
Wolfhook120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:36 AM   #34
Flyfish Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauguy View Post
welcome to the site. my wife has relatives that live in castalia and the norwalk, wakeman area. nice area of the state. liked to visit the blue hole when it was not state owned.
We used to sneak in there in the middle of the night and go swimming,whew was it cold!
Flyfish Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:53 AM   #35
sauguy
river & muskie angler

my brother in law lives on oxbo in resthaven, maybe you know him, Bill Yun?
Old 11-27-2007, 05:35 PM   #36
kyjake
Still learning

I am from over in Kentucky ,retired from public work 12 years ago and finally got retired from farming two years ago.Until 1980 was mainly a bass fisherman going at least a couple times a week.Bought a farm and my fishing stopped except for some surf fishing when on vacation.Started back fishing regularly this year mainly for catfish,sauger and walleye.Have a fly rod ordered and must learn to use it all over as I have not had one since about 1960.Have a lot of fishing equipment all the way from Zebco 33 to 6/0 penn's and using them all now.Fish the Greenup dam tailwaters a lot.
Jake
kyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #37
prochallenger
OGF member

Talking Hello

I would like to begin by saying hello,my name is john franklin,Im 49 years young and am from wisconsin,I have a vacation place and and a fishing rental in the cranberry bogs of warrens wi,I am a life long fisherman and outdoorsman and love anything to do with fishing,including making my own lures,I have access to a lot of free northern wi wood scraps from a small would mill so I thought Id try my hand at some lures,my aproach is a little different than most,I like to showcase the wood grain in most of my lures by using transparent paints and clear epoxies,I also like to do some distressed looking baits,for me its a lot of fun and a great relaxer,and On occasion I may even catch a fish or two,look forward to chatting with all of you,thanks for having me,john franklin

Last edited by prochallenger; 01-09-2008 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling
prochallenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:58 PM   #38
buzzing byrd

Default Great site

I just recently registerd and I think the site is great. Fish for anything that finds its way to my hook, but mainly sm in the lm around morrow. If I am not working I am either fishing, woodworking or beekeeping. Usually in that order, unless the nectar flow is on. Then you do what you gotta do and help my micro herd produce honey.

Thanks for the registration.

Jeff
buzzing byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:40 PM   #39
firedog

Hey everyone: just got on here. my son clued me in and he is a member already. Guess I should ask him his handle so I can see when he is here. HAHAHA. I fish portage laes most of the time, hope to see you there! Russ
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:07 PM   #40
williamonica0214

Glad you joined us dad . now maybe you will out fish me somedays lol just kidding

River Valley Crankbaits Pro
staff

Twisted Custumz Pro Staff
Vcl Custom baits Pro Staff
Solar Bat sunglasses Pro Staff
williamonica0214 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Armature wrangler | - »