Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > Ohio Fishing Reports > Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports >

Wingfoot-"Friendly" Place

Old 03-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
c. j. stone

Default Wingfoot-"Friendly" Place

REPORT-Fished it today in my boat and if you were not anchored right on top of them, you did not catch anything(or very little)! Saw a guy 25 yds away pulling perch after perch after perch. I had one hit while anchored and it caught me by surprise, so I of course missed it!
Now, to the rant, I have never seen more discourteous people fishing in boats anywhere, including Erie during a hot perch bite. I was anchored and casting with my back to the wind and my hood on. I hear a voice in "low, normal conversational tone" slightly behind me say "Ketchin any"? I look to my left and here comes two guys in a boat drifting and(not kidding!), I could have shook hands with him! I had just reeled up and was abt to cast to my left which would have hit him in the face with my rod tip! I saw several others do the same thing in that area(apparently the "hot" middle part of the lake!) They said the same thing to the others as they were passing! Apparently, asking if someone is "kethin any" is a pleasantry out there and makes it ok to practically run into them. I may reconsider my planned fishing hole this summer due to the high price of gasoline!

Last edited by c. j. stone; 03-11-2012 at 11:38 PM.
c. j. stone is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 03-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
sonar

CHARLIE, AT YOUR AGE,YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW,,YOU ARE JUST A VERY ATTRACTIVE MAN!! GET USED TO IT......... ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<----- I'm gonna hit W.F. weds,if not Milton?
sonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
c. j. stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonar View Post
CHARLIE, AT YOUR AGE,YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW,,YOU ARE JUST A VERY ATTRACTIVE MAN!! GET USED TO IT......... ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<----- I'm gonna hit W.F. weds,if not Milton?
Yadda, yadda. Watch your back(if anchored), Vince! Otherwise, Milton!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
sonar

I love to have company,,don't you?? That always makes the fish bite better! Just ask them "Ketchers"! I know what you are getting at,though,Charlie...Don't let the less - considerate totally ruin your time on the water,,,they will always show up,just to see"how yer doin"? ......... ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<-----
Old 03-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #5
bountyhunter

Default people

think I,m going in the morning ,so IF you know where the fish are ,invite me over ,or just cruise by and tip your hat. sometimes more is better.
bountyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #6
sonar

I'll do that,Bounty,,,what kinda boat you in? I'm in a 11' red Lund,,oh ya,I don't know where they are at,first time out,there this year,, but I have a dozen places I used to get them at years back,so I'll be checking those spots to see.... ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<-----
Old 03-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
thelatrobe33
Ohio Bassman

The more threads there are on here about Wingfoot the more idiots will be out there. There's been like 4 in the last week. What do you expect? The people that know where and how to catch them don't advertise it because they don't want company.
thelatrobe33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
c. j. stone

Quote:
I love to have company,,don't you?? That always makes the fish bite better! Just ask them "Ketchers"! I know what you are getting at,though,Charlie...Don't let the less - considerate totally ruin your time on the water,,,they will always show up,just to see"how yer doin"? ......... ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<-----
Next time I see you slaying those eyes thru the ice, I'll come over and chop in next to your hot hole!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #9
gnk81

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelatrobe33 View Post
The more threads there are on here about Wingfoot the more idiots will be out there. There's been like 4 in the last week. What do you expect? The people that know where and how to catch them don't advertise it because they don't want company.
I know where and how to catch them and I was the one to start the thread about wingfoot...I dont care sharing info...you still have to know how to fish as well as I do lol! check my *winfoot perch are hittin* thread
gnk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #10
Doboy
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysW

Default more idiots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelatrobe33 View Post
Yep,,, True.
We should all have our own secret spots, AND have some to share,,,
Too many 'New-bies' out there, that wanna learn. AND if they don't catch anything, they just might give-up & quit.
??? The best thing about these forums,,, MAYBE WE can teach/ pass-on some ethics.

Every day,,, I think of, & thank the two old-timers that were nice enough to take a kid (me) fishing! May They RIP
Doboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #11
gnk81

yes doboy i thought that is what this site is intended for!
gnk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #12
sonar

Chop away friend,be good to see you,I don't mind ,,'til you go reaching for my beer,THEN THERE'S GONNA BE TROUBLE!!'Cause I only take 1 with me! Besides,you need the "750 suzuki's" to buzz them up !! They won't be able to hear your Vib-es over my Sonars!! HaHa........ This Site,is for exchanging,info, and I like that! ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<-----
Old 03-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #13
bountyhunter

Default wf

I marked my secret spot 50yrs ago [the last time I was there] its a yellow X on the lake please don,t move it. I fish for fun the catching just keeps it interesting.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #14
c. j. stone

I fish for fun and relaxation also. Just don't need the hassle/worry that someone is going to scratch(or sink!) my pretty boat by coming too close for comfort(mine, not theirs!) Of course, some fresh perch meat makes it funner! Lately, I'm getting crabby because I don't seem to catch them like I used to!? Maybe it's bad Karma-or something. I hate it that I'm becoming one of the 90%.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #15
dmills4124
don m

bountyhunter; I saw that big YELLOW"X" from shore the other day when we were out there siteseeing. The only thing is that some guy was lifting it up and looking under it. I really dont know what he was looking for, but at least he didnt take it with him.
I had a guy pick up my bouy right in front of my boat while I was casting to a high spot under it over on walborn a couple years ago. I told him it was mine and I'ld like him to put it back. He said he thought it was somebodies crab trap. I wasnt aware walborn had a big enough population of snow crabs to trap but I guess it must.
Some peoples kids, REALLY?! LOL
later
donm
dmills4124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #16
bountyhunter

Default wf

C.J. I see nothing in your post that your a crabby old fart. I too don,t want my equipt banged up. your just like the rest of us old timers . [well most of us]LOL.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #17
sonar

It sounds like C.J. is getting crabby,when he's not catching fish....So,start fishing a 'lil harder,& quit mess'in with the "dumb guys" ...They just want to know how to do it,, like you do it... My Grand Ma would take a bunch of us kids to Virginia Kendal Park in Bath to fish,not far from their farm ,back in the 50s,it was for kids only,unless the kid was too small to handle the cane poles,then Granny would "help out",,,,You DID NOT want to be in her wheelhouse when she was launching a cast with a 12' cane pole,we were on a dock,that was 50' long,8' wide, lots of people lined the edges of it there,,, people did go swimming at times,when she was on deck!! it was hilarious to watch!! BUT,, EVERYONE would give Velma,,Her space!! So maybe get a cane pole Charlie??? ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<-----
Old 03-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #18
c. j. stone

Quote:
It sounds like C.J. is getting crabby,when he's not catching fish....So maybe get a cane pole Charlie??? ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<-----
You know, that's ironic you would say that V! I was just thinking the same thing! One of those really long cane poles or fiberglass extension poles would be just the ticket for those Wft perch. I know you've seen the old timers at Mogadore all using two of them in past years and they could flat harvest the perch out of there! This "hotspot" where all the friendlies fish is 8-10 ft deep and it's hard to cast a bobber on a spinning rig that's set at 8 feet!!(I don't like the slip bobbers!) I was tight lining but with the wind moving the boat around, you tend to miss a lot of hits. Actually, my rant is bogus! I too like company while fishing and almost asked the drifter dude to step into my boat and let's chat!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #19
sonar

Ya Charlie,that I have a feeling,,,, would be a very SHORT CHAT!! Years ago,there was an Ol' Boy out there,that would row his boat around,& I can't for the life of me, remember his name,,but he had his two canes out the back & row around the tire piles,bumps & stumps mostly in the main lake,singing some stupid song,like,, I'm a drunkin donkey-,we would talk when he &I would pass each other,but he was a catching machine! he would always have a load of perch&eyes,crappies. & anytime you would see him land an eye,he would go to bit*#n about them damned walleyes are screwin up his crappie fishi'n!! He'd smile and move on.. worked for him,why not now??? Do you remember Craig,that had an all flat black boat&motor,he kept it at Maries-(Copelands)? He & I did a lot of fishing there 25+years ago...learned much about that bottom with him...---->>>>>sonar<<<<<-----
Old 03-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #20
rockytop

Hey Charlie since your retired go fish during the week, and do the honey dolist on the weekends. i fish the weekdays and im not retired. notice i said fish not catch.