Ohio Game Fishing

Notices

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > General Discussions > Tournament Discussion >

Electric Bass Circuit Meeting, Feb. 25

Old 02-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
fishslyme

Default Electric Bass Circuit Meeting, Feb. 25

The Electric Bass Circuit will hold it's preseason meeting on Saturday February 25 at Gander Mountain, Huber Heights from 2:00 to 4:00. We hold low cost bass tournaments for teams using boats 14 feet or less powered only by electric trolling motor. 2012 will be our 11th season. Keep'er Wet, Dave www.electric-bass.org

Last edited by fishslyme; 02-08-2012 at 08:57 AM.
fishslyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 02-25-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
bassman2

Just a reminder for any anglers that would like to check us out. Who doesn't need an excuse to go to Gander Mountain?

Would like to meet you and answer any questions.
bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
snag

this sounds like a good tourny to get into , i like the low cost part of it,wish there was one near my area,the drive to those would have me leaving at 3-4 in the morning,not wanting to get a motel the night before,would be the only way to go..
snag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
fishslyme

The Electric Bass Circuit has adopted a new ruling to allow all teams (new and old members) an option to fish the EBC Classic Tournament. Thanks to one of our members for coming up with a solution to our problem. We will keep adjusting the rules as needed to maintain a fun, fair, and low cost circuit. The new rule will appear on our site as soon as the wording is worked out. Keep'er wet, Dave
Old 02-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
fishslyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by snag View Post
this sounds like a good tourny to get into , i like the low cost part of it,wish there was one near my area,the drive to those would have me leaving at 3-4 in the morning,not wanting to get a motel the night before,would be the only way to go..
If you would like to try one of our tournaments, pick one that is closest to you. The membership is only $10 plus $35 entry. Remember that 1 in 4 will receive a prize at the end of the tournament. That is pretty good odds for anyone that want to try tournament fishing from a boat that is 14' or less. Keep'er Wet, Dave
Old 02-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
bobby

Snag,

I just joined this group. 1st tournament is Mogadore, 2nd Ladue. $20 entrance fee, 30 tournament fee, 5 big bass pot. This will be my first year with the club. Nice group of bassers - met them in January at Gander Mtn meeting.

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/commu.../t-189434.html
bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
fishslyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby View Post
Snag,

I just joined this group. 1st tournament is Mogadore, 2nd Ladue. $20 entrance fee, 30 tournament fee, 5 big bass pot. This will be my first year with the club. Nice group of bassers - met them in January at Gander Mtn meeting.

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/commu.../t-189434.html
It sounds like this club has it's act together. Good luck to you in 2012. Keep'er Wet, Dave
Old 02-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #8
Curtis937
cprcatfish.com

can i still join this club? and is the first tourney still at indian lake in april?
Curtis937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #9
bassman2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis937 View Post
can i still join this club? and is the first tourney still at indian lake in april?
Yes, just make sure your boat is within the rules. Make sure you understand the rules. Make sure you have a working aerated live-well.

Just show up , preferably early, and pay your $10 membership and entry fee and your good to go.

If you have any questions just ask. We'll be at the White Allen Sportsman show this Sat. at White Allen on N. Main , Dayton. if you should have any questions. Were not set up but a number of us will be there. I will make a little talk about the White Allen Bass Tournament in May. Open to all boats, 10 hp. lake limit.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #10
Curtis937
cprcatfish.com

thanks...

i do have one question tho....is a live well the same as an aerated live well or does it have to be both? does anyone have a picture of what i need here?

i have a live well now but it just pulls in new water and d/c the old water but does not aerate the water...????
Curtis937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:32 PM   #11
bassman2

It needs to be aerated. Either the "fish-saver" type or actually plumbed with a pump and spray bar. Most use coolers of 75 quarts or more and plumb up a system to spray water. You can see a live well at the web-site www.electric-bass.org click on navigation menu and scroll down to "fully rigged EBC boat" and have a look. The aerater in that I believe is the fish-saver, which draws water from the bottom , up a tube and sprays down.

any more questions, just ask.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #12
fishslyme

Default Electric Bass Circuit Opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis937 View Post
The first EBC tournament is April 22 at Indian Lake, Blackhawk Ramp starting at 6:45 AM. You can join the EBC at the tournament. Get there at least an hour early, Please. Keep'er Wet, Dave