Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > Ohio Fishing Reports > Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports >

C.J. Brown Charity Fishing Tournament

Old 02-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #21
Intimidator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by easytobeme03 View Post
The date is set and approved September the 8th
Great! Dale and I are both available on that day!
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 02-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #22
Lowell H Turner

Count me in.
Lowell H Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #23
downtime8763
Retired UPS

Marked on calender,will let the wife know!!!!!!
1998 Jayco fifth wheel camper
May all your fish tails be longer than the ones you tell!
downtime8763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #24
Intimidator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtime8763 View Post
Marked on calender,will let the wife know!!!!!!
We'll all have to get a "Burger' and tell Fish Stories!LOL
Old 02-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #25
easytobeme03
CJ WolfPack

Details on entry fees and rules and regs should be posted tomorrow or wed
Old 02-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #26
cjpolecat
cjpolecat

Quote:
the 4 classes in thought right now are , catfish, walleye, bass , and crappie.
There is a seperate registration for each class to keep it tourney style. there will be winner by total weight and a winner for biggest fish in each category. NOTE: ALL fishing regulations , boat regulations, and size limit , and daily limits will be observed .
Is there a class for Hillilly Hand Fishing ??
cjpolecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #27
downtime8763
Retired UPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjpolecat View Post
Is there a class for Hillilly Hand Fishing ??
Some will have an advantage over others if their is,Intimidator would be in the top five at least!
1998 Jayco fifth wheel camper
May all your fish tails be longer than the ones you tell!
downtime8763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #28
easytobeme03
CJ WolfPack

LOL CJP thats a good one. Although the tournament IS open to both boat and bank fishermen .

AND Intimidator has proven he has a knack for getting wet lol
Old 02-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #29
cjbrown

If you want to make this a family event, since it is for the Salvataion Army. Maybe have a family entry fee (ex. 4 fisherman per entry)? or something along those lines, per boat ect. (obviously following Regualtions). If bank fishing allowed, maybe seperate category. So on and on, lotta work involved here to make it fun and fair for all. It's for a good cause I'll be in with my wife and kids.
cjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #30
spfldbassguy
CJ Wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbrown View Post
If you want to make this a family event, since it is for the Salvataion Army. Maybe have a family entry fee (ex. 4 fisherman per entry)? or something along those lines, per boat ect. (obviously following Regualtions). If bank fishing allowed, maybe seperate category. So on and on, lotta work involved here to make it fun and fair for all. It's for a good cause I'll be in with my wife and kids.
Now that's an idea (family entry) that sounds pretty good because I know my little boy would come out with me. Also I like the idea of having a seperate category for those that would be bank fishing ( myself and possibly my 4yr old). That'd be the only way to make it truely fair to those that doesn't have a boat or access to one. I can compete against others on the banks just fine but there's no way I'd come close to people that has boats and can use the WHOLE lake whereas my bank options are limited.

Easytobeme it seems that you and the other event organizers have ALOT of work still to do to make this thing happen and keep it fair for all involved.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #31
easytobeme03
CJ WolfPack

Thank you for the input, these are exactly the suggestions we need from others to make this a really good event for all
Old 02-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #32
easytobeme03
CJ WolfPack

One thing to realize is that all the particulars have yet to be posted, so changes are still being made. Also this is the first year for such an event on C.J. and the best will be done to make it enjoyable for all, yet this being the first year im sure there will be bugs in it that will need to be worked out for the future and for the success of the benefit
Old 02-15-2012, 02:18 AM   #33
spfldbassguy
CJ Wolfpack

Quote:
One thing to realize is that all the particulars have yet to be posted, so changes are still being made. Also this is the first year for such an event on C.J. and the best will be done to make it enjoyable for all, yet this being the first year im sure there will be bugs in it that will need to be worked out for the future and for the success of the benefit
Don I'm sure with you and your friends working on this event it'll turn out to be a good one. You gonna fish in the event or you gonna let your wife show us how it's done?lol
Old 02-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #34
easytobeme03
CJ WolfPack

I will most likely fish in it myself,, My connection with the event in an official participation is only posting here and keeping the info updated as i get it.

As for a different category for bank fishermen , it was ran by the officials and that most likely wont be an option. Honestly Steve if you think about it there are alot of good quality fish caught from the bank . The biggest walley, and crappie i saw or heard of being caught last year came from the bank.

I know everyone wont be able to be pleased in this or any event really, but we are going to do what we can to make sure that it is a pleasant event for such a good cause. There will be changes that will have to be made for future events, the waters are being tested here , so to speak, so it will need some tweaking and perfecting for future tournaments. Bare with us guys , we have alot to do yet .
Old 02-16-2012, 02:45 AM   #35
spfldbassguy
CJ Wolfpack

I have to politely bow out then if there's no seperate category for the "bankers". Don I do understand that there's nice fish caught from the bank ( as I've landed some nice ones plying the banks out there) but I have to disagree that I wouldn't be at a disadvantage when facing someone in a boat. Since I'm bowing out let me know if they organizers need any volunteers because I'd still like to help out.

Still have some questions though for those in charge of putting on the event.
A) Is there gonna be a seperate category for the kids that might enter? Even though that'd be a little more effort on the organizers part it'd be a really nice idea to do.
B) What measures are gonna be taken to prevent cheating? Has any thought been given to the possibilty that it could take place? Because as in life there always seems to be one or two bad apples that try to skirt the rules to get ahead.
C) Is there anymore thought on the canned food idea?

Last edited by spfldbassguy; 02-16-2012 at 02:52 AM.
spfldbassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #36
cjbrown

Quote:
I will most likely fish in it myself,, My connection with the event in an official participation is only posting here and keeping the info updated as i get it.

As for a different category for bank fishermen , it was ran by the officials and that most likely wont be an option. Honestly Steve if you think about it there are alot of good quality fish caught from the bank . The biggest walley, and crappie i saw or heard of being caught last year came from the bank.

I know everyone wont be able to be pleased in this or any event really, but we are going to do what we can to make sure that it is a pleasant event for such a good cause. There will be changes that will have to be made for future events, the waters are being tested here , so to speak, so it will need some tweaking and perfecting for future tournaments. Bare with us guys , we have alot to do yet .
That's an absolute shame that the bank fisherman cannot be part of a Charitable event such as this, what a shame. It's all about having fun. If they are afraid of someone maybe cheating, which is just as easily done by boat, then you make it not so attractive prize wise. It's about charity and fun.....
cjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #37
easytobeme03
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbrown View Post
That's an absolute shame that the bank fisherman cannot be part of a Charitable event such as this, what a shame. It's all about having fun. If they are afraid of someone maybe cheating, which is just as easily done by boat, then you make it not so attractive prize wise. It's about charity and fun.....
Cjbrown, i believe you have missed something in these postings,, Bank fishermen ARE allowed in the tournament . It is for both bank and boat fishermen,, the idea that was ran by the officals and most likely a no go is to have a different entry category and fee for bank fishermen as opposed to boat fishermen. Not that bank fishermen are not allowed in. The event is for fishermen of all ages and bank , boat etc.

Children 12 and under i believe will be able to enter free of charge but will have to be accompanied by an adult. Prizes for younger children will be appropriate for younger fishermen
Old 02-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #38
Intimidator
Banned

Just think, the new cover will have been in for about a month when the tourney begins!
I guess everyone should help with the cover project and then they can test the cover during the tourney to see if it's working!LOL
Old 02-16-2012, 10:30 PM   #39
Lowell H Turner

Talking

Intimidator, I`m buying you into the "Catfish' catagory cause we all KNOW you`re gonna get at LEAST 1...
Lowell H Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:10 AM   #40
spfldbassguy
CJ Wolfpack

Quote:
Cjbrown, i believe you have missed something in these postings,, Bank fishermen ARE allowed in the tournament . It is for both bank and boat fishermen,, the idea that was ran by the officals and most likely a no go is to have a different entry category and fee for bank fishermen as opposed to boat fishermen. Not that bank fishermen are not allowed in. The event is for fishermen of all ages and bank , boat etc.

Children 12 and under i believe will be able to enter free of charge but will have to be accompanied by an adult. Prizes for younger children will be appropriate for younger fishermen
Let me repsond if I may on a few things....
A) Not advocating a different entry fee for the boaters and bankers. Should be the same IMO. Just saying it'd be nice to see a seperate category based on the two. That way the guy/gal on the bank wouldn't feel as if they're competing at a disadvantage against all the boaters in the event. It could be done with a little effort on the part of the organizers IMO. Could have a seperate prize for top boater and for top bank angler IMO.
B) 12 and under? How was that decided upon, what I mean is so a kid that's 13 is held to the adult standards of the tourny? Doesn't seem quite right to me but maybe I'm being a tad goofy. Don't know many 13yr olds that have jobs,cars,or more responsiblities than a 12yr old. Also why is it that a kid that's 13,14,15, whatever the age under 18 doesn't have to be accompanied by an adult? Are those that fall in that category considered more of a competent angler or more responsible? Also how are the organizers gonna make sure that the kids are 12 and under? Gonna have to provide a birth certificate or some other kind of proof or are they just gonna take it at face value as to what age the adult says they are?
C) Is there gonna be a penalty for bringing dead fish to the weigh in?
D) I'm not trying to be a butthole about things just think with more effort that this could turn out to be one hell of a event for all involved. I also understand that with it being the first one attempted there's gonna be glitches that need to be worked out and I'm just trying to throw out some ideas and questions for all those that are putting this thing together.

Last edited by spfldbassguy; 02-17-2012 at 03:24 AM.
spfldbassguy is offline   Reply With Quote

« Cc 9/15 | Nero »