Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > Hunter's Lodge > Bucks and Does >

**** Take Our Survey ****

Old 02-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #81
buckeye dan

The three shot rule stinks of the Brady Bunch. Sure it was enacted for our safety but the Brady's still use it against us.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/legisla...s/highcapacity

There it is in all it's glory. How do you deny that? They use the no legitimate sporting purpose argument as an attack. They use the no legitimate self defense purpose as an attack.

If you think it makes us safer? So be it. The only thing it does for me and those that hunt near me is dictate the number of rounds we can carry loaded. It's one step closer to limiting the capacity of all firearms.

Land owners should have an opt out option.

Last edited by buckeye dan; 02-21-2012 at 06:48 AM.
buckeye dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 02-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #82
ezbite
the Susan Lucci of OGF

WOW!! how did we go from your poll, to the brady campain,,, your arrogance took us there, thats how.. almost all your post are telling us how we should buy into your beliefs and because we dont, you now want to try scare tatics with the BRADYCAMPAIN. go away danny boy, go away... im done with this thread. by the way buckeye dan, why havent you posted anywhere else in the whole site?? im thinking you have an agenda... go away i dont want you here no more, youre as bad as the antis... IMO of course!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ezbite1

Last edited by ezbite; 02-21-2012 at 01:42 AM.
ezbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #83
buckeye dan

The facts took us there. I point them out and it's referred to as arrogance? I've not changed my position at all. I pointed the same thing out in post number 3 in this thread.
Quote:
The 3 shot rule legitimizes the anti gun claims that there is no purpose for high capacity firearms.
It's not a scare tactic. It's reality and it is scarey. Apathy among sportsmen is even scarier to me.

Because the topics in this thread are my primary concern right now. When it warms up a little maybe I'll post the pics of all the fish I am catching.

Last edited by buckeye dan; 02-21-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #84
ezbite
the Susan Lucci of OGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye dan View Post
When it warms up a little maybe I'll post the pics of all the fish I am catching.
i HIGHLY doubt that!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ezbite1
ezbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #85
buckeye dan

The survey is now closed. I want to thank everyone who participated. The results will be made available to the ODNR during the open house meetings and we will be posting them on our website as well.

I especially want to thank the people that participated in this thread. The constant debate, questions, challenges and deeply rooted opinions allowed all of us to put a lot of information out there for future readers to digest. In spite of the differences we kept it pretty civil too.

Now all of you know about the ODNR open houses so you can attend them.

We're probably forever limited to the 3 shot rule but many of you are now aware of the political implications that concern a 2A organization like the BFA.

Everyone now knows we are the only state among our bordering states that is not allowed to hunt after sunset.

Everyone also knows we are the only state among our bordering states that does not have some provision for rifle hunting.

Everyone is now aware that we are legally using equipment superior to pistol caliber long arms in the field today for deer hunting.

It's just a matter of time before we can add those pistol caliber rifles to the tool box for Ohio deer hunters to enjoy. I just hope we aren't using gauss rifles, rail guns, laser beams and plasma weapons before we figure out that we should have been using grand pappy's lever action pistol caliber carbine or great grand pappy's rolling block black powder rifle 10 years ago today from a technological perspective.

When our neighbors start hunting with Star Trek weapons I am definitely going to ask if Ohioan's can hunt with high powered rifles. The timing should be on par with current trends.