Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > Ohio Fishing Reports > Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports >

CJ "Cover" Project

Old 01-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #41
cjpolecat
cjpolecat

HEY Folks go TO "HOMEMADE FISH ATTRACTORS" OR "HOMEMADE FISH ATTRACTORS.COM" They got some ideas.
cjpolecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 01-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #42
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjpolecat View Post
HEY Folks go TO "HOMEMADE FISH ATTRACTORS" OR "HOMEMADE FISH ATTRACTORS.COM" They got some ideas.
Hey Fritz! Are you going to be able to make it!!!
I want you involved....even if it is just moral support!
As a "Founding Father" you deserve to be a "Foreman" this time around!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:15 PM   #43
Doctor
CJ Cat Attack Pack

I'll post a set of my "Cat Condo's" in a few days great for Channels and Blues...............Doc

I have only one tournament sponsor""""""""""""""MY WALLET!!!

Hookedoncatfish.com
Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:25 PM   #44
spfldbassguy
CJ Wolfpack

Hey Doc amd the rest of the cat people, would tires cabled together work as a "cave" for the kitties? I mean if so then the possibilities would be many, 4 tire sets, 6 tire sets, 8 tire sets. You get the drift, could close up one wnd with brush piles couldn't ya? Plus I think they'd be easy to assemble and weigh down. Don't know where you'd get a bunch of old tires free to really cheap at though?
Old 01-31-2012, 11:38 PM   #45
cjpolecat
cjpolecat

Age is starting to show pretty bad. I have good days, and bad. Moreal support may be all I can offer. We will see. I'll be rooten for you though.
cjpolecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:35 AM   #46
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
I'll post a set of my "Cat Condo's" in a few days great for Channels and Blues...............Doc
GREAT! I can't wait to see what you've come up with! I'm sure the Gator Queen will be pleased!

I'm going to do about 5 more of the expensive "Minnow Condos" with 4"
PVC, 1.5" holes, and more Oak 2x4's if I can find them, that way we'll put one of those in each location along with 4-5 other "Trees"!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #47
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjpolecat View Post
Age is starting to show pretty bad. I have good days, and bad. Moreal support may be all I can offer. We will see. I'll be rooten for you though.
We'll be glad to do this one in your honor! When the time comes to Sink everything, I want you out at the lake sitting under a tree at the Marina and watching....after all the Projects you have been a part of (at your YOUNG age), you deserve to watch for once!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:54 AM   #48
Shaggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Post a pic, when you get this done!!! And make sure you bring it to the "Party" on March 3rd!

The one thing about sinking cover is you need enough weight so it can't be dragged if snagged!....Honestly Shag, I just can't picture this thing in my mind yet!LOL
If you go with the store bought centers they say because they are all PVC they are snag proof. The cheapest I've seen the centers is at Cabelas for $39 for a pack of 3. My idea of the wooden centers would make them cheap to make but I do suppose they could be snagged. When fishing them you'd probably be smart to only use snag-less presentations. Then on the other hand the cost might be worth it since they would never deteriorate. Decisions...Decisions...Decisions!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports - Click for larger version   Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports - Click for larger version  
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #49
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
If you go with the store bought centers they say because they are all PVC they are snag proof. The cheapest I've seen the centers is at Cabelas for $39 for a pack of 3. My idea of the wooden centers would make them cheap to make but I do suppose they could be snagged. When fishing them you'd probably be smart to only use snag-less presentations. Then on the other hand the cost might be worth it since they would never deteriorate. Decisions...Decisions...Decisions!!!
NICE, SHAG!
I've seen those before...and like them! I'm sure if you come up with a "Sure-Fire" weighting system, they will be OK!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #50
Lowell H Turner

cj polecat, at 70+, you made us "younger guys' look bad...would be grateful for your company "Friend"...
Lowell H Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #51
Doctor
CJ Cat Attack Pack

Quote:
THE "MEET AND GREET" will be on MARCH 3 (Saturday) at 1 pm at the VISITORS CENTER!"Projects" are doing for the Lake and I want them to continue!"
The only thing left is to talk with Virgil and then.....WE ARE A FULL GO!!!

I already talked to Doc,....ALL of the Cat guys need to get together and develope a Plan and put together what kind of structure they can make and areas they want to sink it! If it is OK'd by Debra, the "KITTY KAT PROJECT" is a GO also!!!
This will be a perfect time for those who want to benefit the Cat Population!
Metal containers are out! She also likes Closed End "CAVES" for the Kitties!!!
For spawning I can agree with the closed end caves and will develop those but I also have a different design that has worked very well in a friends pond using two plastic pallets that are bolted together it forms a multi stack cave unit for them to camp out in and ambush prey as that is what they like to do in and around structure, althought big Flatheads cannot get inside of these they will lay down right next to the structure and blend in and use it for cover, now the smaller 5-15# Flats can get in these, these will also allow baitfish good cover which will also bring fish to the structure, Blues are very structure oriented as have seen this pattern on CJ when I have targeted them along the channel line just past the humps again I'll get some pictures up and going here by next week, just working too much overtime right now here at the shop............Doc

I have only one tournament sponsor""""""""""""""MY WALLET!!!

Hookedoncatfish.com
Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #52
Shaggy

Quote:
NICE, SHAG!
I've seen those before...and like them! I'm sure if you come up with a "Sure-Fire" weighting system, they will be OK!
I'm thinking you don't think the two bricks they suggest will be enough weight.

Just to pass along some info. If anyone else likes these porcupine structures I found a website that will sell a pack of 3 centers for $22.50 per pack if you buy 6 packs. It's...anrwildlife.com
Old 02-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #53
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
For spawning I can agree with the closed end caves and will develop those but I also have a different design that has worked very well in a friends pond using two plastic pallets that are bolted together it forms a multi stack cave unit for them to camp out in and ambush prey as that is what they like to do in and around structure, althought big Flatheads cannot get inside of these they will lay down right next to the structure and blend in and use it for cover, now the smaller 5-15# Flats can get in these, these will also allow baitfish good cover which will also bring fish to the structure, Blues are very structure oriented as have seen this pattern on CJ when I have targeted them along the channel line just past the humps again I'll get some pictures up and going here by next week, just working too much overtime right now here at the shop............Doc
Very Nice Doc!!!
That right there, sure sounds like a man with a plan!!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #54
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
I'm thinking you don't think the two bricks they suggest will be enough weight.

Just to pass along some info. If anyone else likes these porcupine structures I found a website that will sell a pack of 3 centers for $22.50 per pack if you buy 6 packs. It's...anrwildlife.com
All I'm saying is...they can't move, or Debra will not OK it!
The structure is fantastic and I've received alot of positve comments...it just has to stay put, not be able to move towards the Dam, or shallow areas.
If you think it will pass those requirements then bring it to the Meet and Greet! Anything that will help Bass is a "go" in my book!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #55
chuck71

Quote:

Would an old bowling ball drilled out with PVC glued into it work??? Weight would be built in!
chuck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #56
spfldbassguy
CJ Wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck71 View Post
Would an old bowling ball drilled out with PVC glued into it work??? Weight would be built in!
Now there's an idea, don't see why that couldn't be used as the center if done right.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:02 AM   #57
Lowell H Turner

If there`s a WILL, there is a way...and that is some ORIGIONAL thinking !
Lowell H Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #58
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck71 View Post
I wouldn't see why not!!
How would you carry it to put it on the boat??
Would the weight of the bowling ball (in the Middle) break the PVC spines when you set it on the ground or drop it in the lake??
Old 02-02-2012, 07:42 AM   #59
chuck71

Initially I was thinking just using the top half of the ball, but you could probably run some PVC out the bottom, they would just have to be shorter so to make it a little easier to transport.
chuck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #60
Shaggy

Home Depot sells an 8x8 cement block, no center divider, all open, that weighs 24 lbs. for around a $1. I'm thinking that's definitely enough weight. I would glue a "T" on the opposite spine from the weight and lower it down with a rope sliding through the "T". When it hits bottom let go of one end of the rope and pull it through. Anyone see any flaws in this plan?

SPFLDBASSGUY: You're about the only other guy I see talking about bass so maybe we could team up to target the placement for the best bass results.