Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > Ohio Fishing Reports > Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports >

CJ "Cover" Project

Old 03-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #221
spfldbassguy
CJ Wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOSR View Post
Trolling in from the Central Ohio section ... this was me wondering about structure in Oshay, in 2010.

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/commu...d.php?t=158920
Now if you could pull off the bank restoration project and a cover project that'd make that lake even better for you and everyone that uses it.

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 03-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #222
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by the musky hunter View Post
if you think this is tom deitz your wrong
i bet you guys go to walmart to get your fishing stuff
i wonder how it would be like if some kid was swinning in cj brown and got stuck on something that you guys put in the lake and drowned
what it would fell like
a lot of people swim in the north end i would only hope it was not my kid?

I guess ALOT of people need to read their Watercraft and State Park LAWS!!!

1501:41-7-03- SWIMMING IS PROHIBITED...swimming, bathing, diving, and wading is prohibited from any boat except if the park has a designated boat swim area!
The designated boat swim area at CJ is located at the East End of the lake just below the campground area.
If it was your child, IT WOULD BE A TRAGEDY!...BUT you would be responsible for BREAKING THE LAW!!!

We will not put any cover in the lake that will be near any legal swimming areas or areas not allowed by the ODNR, Parks Dept, and COE!

Some of the best fishermen I know, have inexpensive tackle...just because you buy the best equipment doesn't mean you are intelligent or a Good fisherman!
Old 03-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #223
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Hey Steve, I went out this morning and tossed around a few of those ideas we had and I think it will work out well!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #224
easytobeme03
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by the musky hunter View Post
if you think this is tom deitz your wrong
i bet you guys go to walmart to get your fishing stuff
i wonder how it would be like if some kid was swinning in cj brown and got stuck on something that you guys put in the lake and drowned
what it would fell like
a lot of people swim in the north end i would only hope it was not my kid?
First lets start by saying that ALL cover that is being placed in the lake is in coordination with AND FOLLOWING all rules and regulations set down to us by the ODNR and the Core Of Engineers. These rules pertain to safety of boats, fishermen, and swimmers that use the lake. They are regulating and monitoring all locations as to depth and placement of cover as well as the type of structure being placed.

This is not some half baked idea , it is well thought out and well planned and well manned.

Second, no one here thinks your anybody.

Third , if you have to have a 180 dollar rod to catch fish then you need ALOT of practice.

Last edited by easytobeme03; 03-06-2012 at 06:04 PM.
easytobeme03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #225
downtime8763
Retired UPS

Intimidator,Spfldbassguy and easytobeme03 on your reply to the musky hunter. I had a conversation with people swimming last year at the boat ramp,they must think the same.
1998 Jayco fifth wheel camper
May all your fish tails be longer than the ones you tell!
downtime8763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #226
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by easytobeme03 View Post
First lets start by saying that ALL cover that is being placed in the lake is in coordination with AND FOLLOWING all rules and regulations set down to us by the ODNR and the Core Of Engineers. These rules pertain to safety of boats, fishermen, and swimmers that use the lake. They are regulating and monitoring all locations as to depth and placement of cover as well as the type of structure being placed.

This is not some half baked idea , it is well thought out and well planned and well manned.

Second, no one here thinks your anybody.

Third , if you have to have a 180 dollar rod to catch fish then you need ALOT of practice.

That's why I worry about "Elmer Gander Gator Hunter", if he's breakin poles at CJ then he must be fishing in the wrong areas for Gators. All of the cover that has been put in prior to this year has been GPS'd and are mostly laydowns. If he had "Any Kind" of electronics (which Gander sells) he would know exactly where the cover was....and it's not on the Humps, double humps, or out in the middle of the lake at all. It's clearly defined and in mostly in areas close to the bank, except along the tracks and the N campground...but again, clearly marked and easily seen. I mean, if I knew cover was present in an area that I wanted to fish, I may stop trollin' and cast a lure to catch Mr Gator...so what this tells me is that someone either doesn't know how to use electronics...or has no idea at all what they are doing...either way, that's just more Gators for others, who know how to fish with cheap equipment!LOL
Old 03-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #227
Lowell H Turner

Ironic perhaps that all were placed in 8- 15 fow; looking at a map that alone previously elminated about 85% of the lake. They were GPSed among other reasons so persons trolling could choose to AVOID them if so inclined. (Apparently most were willing to atleast "skirt" their edges...) But they still aren`t the "super magic bullet" some think they are individually; strategically placed enmass this CAN (and WILL ) shortly change the fishing yet again for a substantual period of time. Keep in mind it is so much harder to put together a completely volunteer privately funded (ie NO taxpayer expense) effort of this type than to attempt to tear it down and redirect it for your own reasons (?) Consider it done...
Lowell H Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #228
cjpolecat
cjpolecat

Well said Sir Lowell, what ever it ment. LOL.
cjpolecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #229
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowell H Turner View Post
Ironic perhaps that all were placed in 8- 15 fow; looking at a map that alone previously elminated about 85% of the lake. They were GPSed among other reasons so persons trolling could choose to AVOID them if so inclined. (Apparently most were willing to atleast "skirt" their edges...) But they still aren`t the "super magic bullet" some think they are individually; strategically placed enmass this CAN (and WILL ) shortly change the fishing yet again for a substantual period of time. Keep in mind it is so much harder to put together a completely volunteer privately funded (ie NO taxpayer expense) effort of this type than to attempt to tear it down and redirect it for your own reasons (?) Consider it done...
Fished for a few hours today and caught 3 NICE Fat LM close to "newer" cover that was put closer to the rocks and is now in about 5+ (??) foot of water! I imagine the sun heated the rocks a few degrees warmer and the LM were using the cover to ambush anything coming up to get warm or to check the cover out!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #230
bassattacker

so update to my previous post some pages back, i started looking around the house figuring out how i could make the structure for the club and bam it hit me, how many of you guys have cats and get cat litter in the plastic 40 lbs containers, well i have 4 containers empty(fiance thinks i collect them since they are great to put things in) as of right now, my idea is to fill it half way with concrete slide 2" pvc through precut holes in the lid spaced out at different angles and such, the upper half of the container im going to drill 1-2" holes on the sides and a 1-2" hole in the center of the lid for minnows and such to go in. figured id share this for those who have cats might wanna try something similar, ill post a pic for reference once i get it done.
bassattacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:13 AM   #231
spfldbassguy
CJ Wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassattacker View Post
so update to my previous post some pages back, i started looking around the house figuring out how i could make the structure for the club and bam it hit me, how many of you guys have cats and get cat litter in the plastic 40 lbs containers, well i have 4 containers empty(fiance thinks i collect them since they are great to put things in) as of right now, my idea is to fill it half way with concrete slide 2" pvc through precut holes in the lid spaced out at different angles and such, the upper half of the container im going to drill 1-2" holes on the sides and a 1-2" hole in the center of the lid for minnows and such to go in. figured id share this for those who have cats might wanna try something similar, ill post a pic for reference once i get it done.
Now that's one hellava idea you got there, gives me another option to go with. Thanks for reminding me about it.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #232
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
And people call fishermen "dumb"!
Very Nice indeed!
Thanks!
GOOD FISHING TO ALL!
Old 03-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #233
rebel6392000

hello new here and live real close to cj ..also i run a auto salvage yard in columbus if you need tires i can get ya all ya want for free just let me know how many ya want and i can bring them home with me and then let me know where to drop em off
Old 03-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #234
bassattacker

here is my design if anyone wants to give ideas or do what they wish with the design and yes i used to be an engineer so i go a lil overboard with designing things.

Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports
Old 03-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #235
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel6392000 View Post
hello new here and live real close to cj ..also i run a auto salvage yard in columbus if you need tires i can get ya all ya want for free just let me know how many ya want and i can bring them home with me and then let me know where to drop em off
Thank You for the offer but the ODNR and COE will not allow the use of tires or metal to be used as cover in CJ....Milk Crates, PVC, Plastic Barrels, and Wood are ideal for the "Project" if you run across any of those!
GOOD FISHING! Brent

Last edited by Intimidator; 03-08-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Intimidator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #236
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
here is my design if anyone wants to give ideas or do what they wish with the design and yes i used to be an engineer so i go a lil overboard with designing things.

Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports
I can only see a tiny picture and can't make it out...I'm curious to see the design, can you blow it up!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #237
bassattacker

shoot me your email and ill send it too you
Old 03-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #238
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

If anyone attended the "Meet and Greet" and didn't turn in a map with general locations, quantitiy, and type of cover that was being built...please send me a PM so I can fill one out and contact Debra to get locations OK'd.
If you did not attend the meeting but want to be a part of the "CJ Cover Project", please send me the same info...what type of Cover you would like to build, how many, and where YOU would like to put it in the lake!
Thanks! Brent
GOOD FISHING TO ALL!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #239
downtime8763
Retired UPS

We will be adding to the project 12-14 of these along with 6-8plastic crates and a Christmas tree.
Attached Thumbnails
Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports - Click for larger version   Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports - Click for larger version  
1998 Jayco fifth wheel camper
May all your fish tails be longer than the ones you tell!
downtime8763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:08 AM   #240
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtime8763 View Post
We will be adding to the project 12-14 of these along with 6-8plastic crates and a Christmas tree.
HEY PAUL.....FANTASTIC!!! They really look nice!
Welcome your buddy Bill to "THE WOLFPACK"...since he is helping you with this MAJOR undertaking!

Last edited by Intimidator; 03-16-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Intimidator is online now   Reply With Quote