Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > General Discussions > Trucks, Cars, Bikes and Trailers >

an excellent site for car buyers

Old 10-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
Lewzer
Powderfinger

Default an excellent site for car buyers

If anyone is looking for a car, information is power when negotiating. Check out this site for some good information:

www.truecar.com

It was very helpful for me plus you don't have to jump through all those hoops or pay a subscription fee like you do on the more commonly known car sites to get the info you want.
Lewzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 10-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
Snakecharmer

I used www.KBB.com for research. It's Kelley's Blue Book.I'll check out the one you recommended.
This is good too.
http://www.edmunds.com/?mktcat=edmun...mktid=ga335402

Last edited by Snakecharmer; 10-28-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Snakecharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Lewzer
Powderfinger

I used both of those too Snakecharmer.
The KBB average buying price wasn't available. Edmunds had a wrong MSRP and the milage per gallon info was also incorrect. I also didn't see dealer holdback info or other dealer incentives that price the car below the standard dealer invoice price.
It is good to check numerous sources though when going to negotiate a price for a new car.
I found the truecar to be the most straightforward and easiest site to use and the pricing to be accurate when I went through the various local dealers.
Lewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
Snakecharmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewzer View Post
I used both of those too Snakecharmer.
The KBB average buying price wasn't available. Edmunds had a wrong MSRP and the milage per gallon info was also incorrect. I also didn't see dealer holdback info or other dealer incentives that price the car below the standard dealer invoice price.
It is good to check numerous sources though when going to negotiate a price for a new car.
I found the truecar to be the most straightforward and easiest site to use and the pricing to be accurate when I went through the various local dealers.
IT is nice to know about the holdbacks and other incentives. Every little bit of info helps!
Old 10-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
Scum_Frog
Set The Hook`

You can also use the manufacture's website for accurate information about the vehicle and you can also build a vehicle and know the pricing.

Or just call me and I can tell you exact prices on vehicles....of course thats if its a chevy or buick. We also have a ford store as well but I prefer GM lol
I work at Sharpnack Chevrolet Buick in Willard. If you're wanting a new or used vehicle and to support OGF and us, please send me a PM if you have any questions or give me a call. 419-765-0554 is my personal Cell.
www.sharpnackdirect.com
Scum_Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
Snakecharmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scum_Frog View Post
You can also use the manufacture's website for accurate information about the vehicle and you can also build a vehicle and know the pricing.

Or justcal me and I can tell you exact prices on vehicles....of course thats if its a chevy or buick. We also have a ford store as well but I prefer GM lol
I like the GM site becaause I cn do a search on a vehicle I'm intersted and see the dealers inventory before making the drive. Plus you can look at the sticker to see what optional equipment is on the car.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
Scum_Frog
Set The Hook`

Ya snake its an awesome tool to use for everyone. 90% of the people research online before going to a dealership so that site gives you the best of both worlds with giving you all the info onthe vehicle and telling you where it is! lol

Even as a dealer we use the site daily....there's things we may not know about a certain vehicle and we just hop on the site and find it! lol Definite helping tool!!
I work at Sharpnack Chevrolet Buick in Willard. If you're wanting a new or used vehicle and to support OGF and us, please send me a PM if you have any questions or give me a call. 419-765-0554 is my personal Cell.
www.sharpnackdirect.com
Scum_Frog is offline   Reply With Quote