Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > Ohio Fishing Reports > Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports >

CJ water temps

Old 04-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #21
cajun willie
95 cajun 160/w 115 rude

What yall been catching the white bass on? Last year most of them i caught was on a fire tiger husky jerk.
cajun willie is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 04-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #22
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Fished today with Jonny (NorthSouthOhioFisherman) and my buddy Pat, we had a blast, gave Jonny alot of grief, and actually caught a few fish. Ended up cleaning 27 White Bass (Jonny's and mine), largest was 14" and average was 11", about half were females so spawn is close. Pat was on a roll with a Beetle spin and Chart twister, he thought he did better than yesterday. With the lake being low and the temps up we may have a lake spawn this year instead of them going to the creek. Alot of White Bass have been taken the last 2 days, water temps are 60-62 before noon. I was doing good with a red Rooster Tail and Rapala spinners, I'm keeping Jonny's secret weapon secret
NorthSouth should be posting pics and telling fish stories soon..............
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #23
cajun willie
95 cajun 160/w 115 rude

Fished today from 0730-1330. Wind was nuts, but the rain held off for the most part. Couldn’t find the crappie, so started looking for the white bass. Found them along the rocks at dam and marina. Most caught on fire tiger husky jerk, rest on beetle spin w/ crappie tub jig attached. Bigger one came on the beetle spin.

Today totals;
40+ white bass/biggest 14"

1 small mouth/14"/caught on beetle spin/thought I had world record white bass for a minute

1 carp/20"/once again thought I had world record
Old 04-25-2010, 11:44 PM   #24
NorthSouthOhioFisherman
The Young Outdoorsman

Inland Lakes & Reservoirs  
 Lake Erie Region  
 Lake Erie Region  

Total Awards: 4

Send a message via AIM to NorthSouthOhioFisherman

Lol sounds like we were all in the same boat!! Willie were you in a bass boat?
Had a great time fishing with the famous Intimidator and yes he did catch a few those females weren't mine though

As always the secret bait panned out after not getting em for a while, I think I got about a dozen today...
Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports
Taken by ^
Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports

~Youtube Fishing Show~
~Fishing and Fun~
...ZINK CALLS...
NorthSouthOhioFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:51 AM   #25
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Hey Willie sounds like you had some fun also, those 14" WB sure are fun, I had mine on and played him for awhile with the ultra-light

It's going to be interesting to see if this cold weather shuts the WB down or whether they will continue to have a lake spawn.

I'll be out tuesday (lunch) to see if they're still biting and get the water temps.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #26
cajun willie
95 cajun 160/w 115 rude

Yea, that was me in the maroon & silver bass boat. NorthSouth, was that u on the rocks over by the dam?

Catching those things on ultra-lite stuff is great. My kid is nursing a broke finger and couldn't go, he was mad as the dickens when i started txting him some picts of the ones i was catching.

Courious about the weather myself, hope the water temp dont fall to low.

We'll be out again later in the week, then some on the weekend.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #27
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Willie, I asked about the water temps, once you told NorthSouth the secret he started catching them too Pat and I were trying to skunk him but you must have seen those sad eyes and felt sorry for the young lad. It looks like we should be out there the same days, I'll give you a holler.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:11 PM   #28
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Pat and I went back out after work, was windy at first but the wind died down, sun came out and the white bass turned back on. They were hitting by the Gazebo rocks and the Dam rip-rap. Water temp has not droppped yet and still was 61-62.5. Both of us have about 20 or more WB to clean. Same lures used.
Jonny, went to WalleyWorld and bought me a couple Rooster Tails and a red one for Pat since I lost his........
Old 04-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #29
NorthSouthOhioFisherman
The Young Outdoorsman

Inland Lakes & Reservoirs  
 Lake Erie Region  
 Lake Erie Region  

Total Awards: 4

Send a message via AIM to NorthSouthOhioFisherman

Yea Willie that was me haha

Sounds good men

Nothin better than CJ brown

~Youtube Fishing Show~
~Fishing and Fun~
...ZINK CALLS...
NorthSouthOhioFisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #30
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Stopped by CJ on my way home from Columbus and fished from 9-10:30. Man, it was cold North/NorthWest wind, white-caps, and no wind-breaker....Ended up with 3 WB, 2 sm crappie, and 1 nice Bluegill out of the Marina, all were caught on a double rig (Rooster tail and sm jig with chart twister), all fish were spared and returned to CJ. Talked to one guy who said he was catching WB off the rocks by the dam earlier but was too cold and windy and he was trying to find a sheltered area to fish.
No boats on the water, water temp didn't feel like it had dropped much but no way to verify.
Water is up, looks like 1'-1 1/2' more to summer pool, all this new warm water may help
Old 04-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #31
cajun willie
95 cajun 160/w 115 rude

Kiddo and I are gonna be there Wed evening after school and work hope water temp holds.
Intimidator, good call on the new water.. if it does cool off, the 70's on Thur and Friday should help.
See yall there, we'll be going between the marina rocks and the dam rocks, all depends on the wind.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:09 PM   #32
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Willie, let us know how you and your boy do. I have to get some yard work done tomorrow so I can get out later this week and over the weekend. My son is chomping too, hopefully he does whats needed and his mother lets him fish this weekend...

Everyone needs to keep looking at and reporting temps the rest of the week and over the weekend; next week the weather is suppose to be perfect, and stable water temps may start the crappie spawn There have been more and more crappie being caught close to rocks, the big crappie will move in first to build nests and spawn.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:03 AM   #33
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Had 2 friends call last night and say they were still catching WB on the rocks in different areas but they both said the bite was slower than over the weekend, this is still a good sign with warmer weather coming.

Willie, fishing charts show today being an excellent day, let me know
Old 04-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #34
ur_averagejoe4
CJ WolfPack

Send a message via AIM to ur_averagejoe4 Send a message via Yahoo to ur_averagejoe4

I might be headed out tonight with the misses. Ever since I started her last year, we are out any chance we can get, or if she tells me to take her fishing.
ur_averagejoe4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #35
Intimidator
CJ WolfPack

Joe and Willie, you guys need to keep us informed, I can't get out until Friday (vacation day). Good luck and make me envious
Old 04-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #36
Madfisher

Was out this morning from 10:00 until 11:30. 11 crappies and 2 white bass. Still nothing big on either. Crappies range from 7" to 10" WB looked like twins at around 11". I'm telling ya if the weather holds,next week should be great......Dan
Madfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #37
luvtofish

Hello Everyone,

New to the forum. Me and my husband found out about wb run last year and went it was great can't to come up this year. Last year we fished the sugar as they call it. So we can have more fun can anyone suggest some other plentiful places and when the best time to fish. We are from Hamilton, Ohio so we don't no a lot about up north. Any info would be great. Also we don't have a boat we would be bank fishing.
Thanks,
Luv2Fish
luvtofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #38
cajun willie
95 cajun 160/w 115 rude

Cool

Folks,
Fish from 4-730, only caught 2 white bass.
Water temps over by damn was 58-60. Over by marina was 58-65. No one catching much of anything.
Marked lots of fish about 15 ft deep in 30 ft of water by dam, but wind was to much to try that...
Kid and I will be out again Friday evening or Sat. afternoon..Maybe both....
Not the best fishing but better than setting around house....
Old 04-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #39
ur_averagejoe4
CJ WolfPack

Send a message via AIM to ur_averagejoe4 Send a message via Yahoo to ur_averagejoe4

My girl and I was out at the rock dam about 5:30 and left around 8. Like my third cast a nige size female white bass took my rubber minnow on black jighead. Then had a small crappie hit it. Then we moved down some and I caught another white bass but smaller on a black twistie tail. All that was at the point btly the visitor center. Then we moved over by the dam where I caught another white bass on a black twistie tail. Then the sun went down and we moved back to our previous location and I caught my smallest white bass on the biggest white twistie tail. I'll post pics here soon, running to get supper for the misses. I also met a member on here. Blueboat, nice meeting you
Old 04-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #40
ur_averagejoe4
CJ WolfPack

Here are the pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0031.jpg (45.6 KB, 838 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0032.jpg (41.3 KB, 831 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0033.jpg (56.8 KB, 842 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0034.jpg (54.8 KB, 823 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0035.jpg (49.4 KB, 809 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0036.jpg (61.6 KB, 805 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0037.jpg (53.3 KB, 820 views)