Ohio Game Fishing

Go Back  Ohio Game Fishing Community > Ohio Fishing Reports > Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports >

CJ "Cover" Project

Old 03-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #201
spfldbassguy
CJ Wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by david11959 View Post
St. Croix Unsheathes Series of Walleye “Dream Rods”
by Outdoor Hub on January 12, 2012

species: Walleye

brand(s): St. Croix

The last several decades of walleye fishing history have bore witness to truly prodigious progress. The rod-crafters at St. Croix have been there all along, engineering new and better tools during this era of angling enlightenment. Back when that pioneering fishing guide first back-trolled along a breakline, St. Croix was there. The day the bottom-bouncer made its original Dakota-country debut, St. Croix was on the scene. When mass schools of giant Great Lakes walleyes materialized in openwater, you know who was there arming the angling army.

When you craft the sweetest fishing sticks on the planet for three-score years, the inevitable result is just that—legendary. Straight from the epicenter of the walleye world comes a rod worthy of St. Croix’s eminent name—the Legend Tournament Walleye series; as naturally comfortable pitching jigs and minnows in the final hour of a neck-and-neck tournament as they are pulling cranks on a carefree Sunday afternoon. Legend Tournament Walleye rods aren’t just finely tuned instruments, either. They’re a prized collection of presentation-specific wands that greet you like a gentlemanly handshake – firm, confident, and honest.

Legendary tournament pros fished with St. Croix rod craftsmen, and didn’t’ leave the boat until they came to a consensus – everything was just right. The finest tournament-grade rods ever produced include twelve individually crafted, tactic-specific spinning rods, plus a gem of a trolling/back bouncing tool. The walleye pros poured in decades of gritty and wise tournament experience. St. Croix’s design and engineering team added the optimal blend of technology and art, conjuring the pinnacle of walleye wands. Founded on re-engineered SCIV graphite blanks bolstered with 3M Matrix Resin, rod strength and sensitivity approach immaculate perfection. Legend Tournament Walleye rods impeccably manage line, lures and surging fish, too, thanks to ingenious Fuji K Series Tangle-Free Concept Guides, each one inlaid with Alconite rings and polished frames to zip all line types through guides like a greased eel. Split-grip, super-grade cork handles provide the ultimate hand-to-rod relationship.

Regarding these momentous angling instruments, walleye legend Ted Takasaki proudly proclaims: “The actions of the Legend Walleye Tournament rods are perfect. Every model feels like a dream rod, like it was born to match its designated technique. Any time I’m riggin’ or deadstickin’, my 7’6” Legend “Slip-N-Rig” (LTWS76MLXF) is an easy choice. It’s incredibly versatile, too—the extra length is ideal for flinging light jigs or crankbaits long distances from the boat. Love that rod—it’s a fish catcher. And we absolutely nailed it with the Bounce-N-Troll rod (LTWC70MHM); it’s the optimal balance of weight, perfect flex for dragging a bouncer and spinner, and plenty of power to land the monsters.

“In tournaments, from boats to bait, we bring out the big guns—the best performing gear we can get our hands on. It’s why these Legend Tournament Walleye rods are always in my starting lineup.”

And you can trust Ted. The difference between winning and losing can come down to the rod. St. Croix’s Legend Walleye Tournament rods are born winners.

but will not work with the stuff you are putting in the water
Thanks for the infomercial, my day wouldn't have been the same without it. I know why you posted that trash and your snideass little remark afterwards, trolling, trolling, trolling. You already posted earlier in this thread about "leaving it alone" and now you gotta add the "but will not work" crap in addition. Why don't you keep your useless infomercial stuff in the tackle or Walleye sections of the site and keep the nonsense to yourself. You're like a little gnat that won't leave someone alone, no matter how many times you're swatted at you manage to keep coming back. Whether you agree or disagree with the project doesn't matter to any of us because your opinion isn't wanted or warranted on this topic. CJ would be better off if you never fished it again IMO. You don't want to help the lake you want to USE the lake and give nothing back.

Last edited by spfldbassguy; 03-05-2012 at 10:29 AM.
spfldbassguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Register today to remove this advertisement IT'S FREE

Old 03-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #202
Lowell H Turner

Quite a well attended get together Sat; saw several promising and extermely long lasting attractors. And forgive any presumption on my own, but take the absence of any "higher power(s) as a tact " vote of confidence" them. This will be our last for a while, and likely our best. An honest and legal put in your own (within the restrictions allowed) at least 10+ yr lasting fishing spot...and this chance will NOT be allowed to come again for awhile.
Lowell H Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #203
easytobeme03
CJ WolfPack

Hey Steve, i wouldnt bother commenting on the INFO-ercial any longer. We ALL know he works at Gander and FEELS he is some kind of expert. SO......

If you dont like what is being done to ANY lake then dont fish it , its your choice, IF you have high dollar rods that can only be used in barren lakes ,, then please DONT go to C.J. and completely decemate your arsenal of " fish catching rods " lol. FISHERMEN catch fish not the rod .

ALSO just a side note oh, master fisherman form Gander.. St Croix DOES make some FABULOUS rods. They will handle about anything you can throw at them as long as the rod your using is meant to handle what your using it for... SO with that said , i decided to screen print your ad form St. Croix AND your comment and send it to St. Croix . Im sure your aware that they have SEVERAL profesional fishermen ON STAFF who use and indorse the product , so im sure your comments will effect them about as much as it does the Friends Of C.J. NOT one bit LOL

We enjoy our home lake and will make it better no matter what some ( PRO'S ) think lol

( Live and learn or Die stupid )
Old 03-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #204
All Thumbs

i thought the idea of forums like this was the exchange of ideas not just the ideas that agree with yours. the one guy does not think your plans are going to work - you all think they will. only time will tell but just to slam this man's opinion is just wrong.

this my opinion. go ahead and slam me too.

all thumbs
All Thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #205
Shaggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Thumbs View Post
i thought the idea of forums like this was the exchange of ideas not just the ideas that agree with yours. the one guy does not think your plans are going to work - you all think they will. only time will tell but just to slam this man's opinion is just wrong.

You are 100% correct about the exchange of ideas but if his intent was simply to exchange ideas his presentation was all wrong. All he is doing is mocking the efforts of these people and that never sits well with anyone. Read through this thread. It's full of ideas and every one of them was received graciously and massaged into even better ideas. The only negativity has come from mr. david and negativity has no place in this thread. (Notice where I left out capital letters)
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #206
All Thumbs

snideass remarks - a gnat - wish you never fished at cj again - these appear more than just negative but exremely hurtful in nature - reading the threads, he is opposed to your plans but there is always someone against a proposed plan but i prdont recall any venomous remarks from the opposition just the
All Thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #207
hatteras1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Sorry, do you have a problem with Christmas trees??
They provide a very basic need for fish and as they start to breakdown they provide grazing for many types of aquatic life, which leads to all of us having a better fishery.
I have found that the use of weedless lures, jigs, hooks, and just learning how to fish correctly has really increased my catch rate and I barely lose any lures now!
And yes, there will be plenty of trees going in on July 28th also!
they seem to repel crappie. was told they may be too acidic or the aroma as they decay. cj had them at the marina and you couldn't blast a crappie out of them.......
hatteras1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #208
easytobeme03
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
snideass remarks - a gnat - wish you never fished at cj again - these appear more than just negative but exremely hurtful in nature - reading the threads, he is opposed to your plans but there is always someone against a proposed plan but i prdont recall any venomous remarks from the opposition just the
Allthumbs if I may make a suggestion , read back through his posts on all subjects regarding CJ and you will see that there has been plenty said on his part that was less than productive or nice. There seems to be a love hate thing going there.some of us know who he is personally and know what he represents. So........... Enough said on that.

The fishermen who are involved with the projects at CJ care about the local lake and are doing what they can of there own volition and money to make It a better place for all who use the lake. These projects are done with cooperation from O.D.N.R. , ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS AND PARKS COMMISSION , but is costing those organizations nothing at all. If more fishermen did half as much on their home lakes imagine what the lakes in this state could become for future generations .
Old 03-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #209
easytobeme03
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatteras1 View Post
they seem to repel crappie. was told they may be too acidic or the aroma as they decay. cj had them at the marina and you couldn't blast a crappie out of them.......
I'm not a botanist nor a biologist but last year the fishing patterns on CJ were different than they have been in years. You had to fish all year long just,as you would for cold water ... Real sloooow. Also the fish seemed to follow the schools of had and not hold on cover as they usually do.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #210
Ville Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatteras1 View Post
The acidic thought is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. The acidity or alkalinity of the water is affected by the surrounding soil structure as well as anything picked up in the runoff from precipitation - not a small grouping of trees sunk in the lake. I garauntee there would be no measurable difference in the acidity the of water collected from around these trees or any other place in the lake. The odor of these trees would be the strongest when they are first put in - as they decay they would smell like every other thing that is decaying in the lake because they would be broken down by the same bacteria as everything else.

Get there early and drop anchor over on the beach. Probably schools of crappie hanging there to avoid the smell of structure in other parts of the lake.
Ville Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:57 AM   #211
spfldbassguy
CJ Wolfpack

Quote:

all thumbs
Ok I'll add a response seeing how my response to that guy was a bit harsh by some peoples standards ( I was holding back ). This guy has only ever started crap since he's come to yak all over anything CJ related and never in a positive way. So yeah when he comes back yet again (like a gnat) it's kinda annoying. Look at the number of people that post in the CJ thread throughout the year and anything usually CJ related. Lotta people like/love fishing the lake and now you got a group of those kind of guys helping in a project to only further enhance our fishing out there. He takes a potshot right off the bat in the thread and then comes back with an ad for a rod that Gander Mtn is probably carrying. Needless to say I will never give anymore of my money to Gander Mtn. Selection isn't that special and never can find anyone that works there if I have a question. Anyways my response was justified IMO because we don't need his negativity.

Last edited by spfldbassguy; 03-06-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #212
spfldbassguy
CJ Wolfpack

Quote:
Hurtful in nature? There just words but absolutley correct ones. We don't mind debate but when someone has been poking the "pack" sooner or later the "pack" is gonna bite back. Me and whatshisname have had our exchanges in PMs and we know we will probably never see eye to eye.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:33 AM   #213
spfldbassguy
CJ Wolfpack

Brent laughed when I said I needed about 50 crates for my Projects. I still have no idea where I'm even gonna come close to finding that many. I'm shotting for the stars. Told Brent one of my ideas but am gonna hold off on what it is, I gotta build the stuff and I'll post some pics. Also have no idea where I'm gonna store all that crap til the drop?
Old 03-06-2012, 02:06 AM   #214
Lowell H Turner

Forgive me "chiming in" but regarding the cedar/ Christmas trees; can honestly say have been involved with placing them into 6 bodies of water to date, 2 of them 3 times or more. Am willing to go out on an evergreen limb and state that almost everytime that have placed them that generally there are fish on them within hours. That said the misconceptions that too many anglers have of them ("They worked GREAT during the spawn, so there should automatically be huge ole slab crappie on them anytime I fish them...") is that at certain times of the yr they largely hold mostly juvenille fish. They are largely meant as spawning cover for yellow perch and do that very well. Expecting them to be just crowded with trophy lunkers all yr is kinda like expecting bass to sit on a nest in December. It just doesn`t work that way. Too, some persons cannot understand putting cover in for small game fish. Lakes where crappie hatch at 9" long and bass are instantly 12" long do not need cover of this sort. CJ apparently isn`t 1 of them so they will continue to go in...
Lowell H Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #215
the musky hunter

who works at gander mtn
ps. only st.croix makes the best
slam me to
the musky hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #216
easytobeme03
CJ WolfPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by the musky hunter View Post
who works at gander mtn
ps. only st.croix makes the best
slam me to
first no one said anything negative about the rods except the guy who posted the ad. Second go to a few ( sales pitches) i mean fishing seminars at gander you'll meet him .
Old 03-06-2012, 06:29 AM   #217
easytobeme03
CJ WolfPack

ok NOW this dude has done as he has in the past stick his 1/4 cent in and stir the pot then run,, lets keep it on track and ignore the negative people who hate the lake , the taste of the fish, the color of the water. etc etc etc. OK ?
Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #218
FOSR
Alex

Trolling in from the Central Ohio section ... this was me wondering about structure in Oshay, in 2010.

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/commu...d.php?t=158920
Old 03-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #219
the musky hunter

if you think this is tom deitz your wrong
i bet you guys go to walmart to get your fishing stuff
i wonder how it would be like if some kid was swinning in cj brown and got stuck on something that you guys put in the lake and drowned
what it would fell like
a lot of people swim in the north end i would only hope it was not my kid?
the musky hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #220
spfldbassguy
CJ Wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by the musky hunter View Post
if you think this is tom deitz your wrong
i bet you guys go to walmart to get your fishing stuff
i wonder how it would be like if some kid was swinning in cj brown and got stuck on something that you guys put in the lake and drowned
what it would fell like
a lot of people swim in the north end i would only hope it was not my kid?
1) Don't even know who Tom Deitz is.
2) I get my fishing stuff from BPS, Meijer, Wal Mart, Joe Bob's little local tackle shop, LBF,Gander Mtn ( no longer though) etc, etc, etc. Nobody has taken offense with what you've posted until now. Go buy your gear where you choose and you know what, NOBODY CARES. If me or anyone else decides to go to Wal Mart to buy some stuff then you know what, NOBODY CARES. Next time keep your little comments bottled up.
3) What would it FEEL like if a kid drowned? Well I'd be sad for the fact that a human being is gone. I would however question why someone would let their kid jump in a body of water that they have no clue as to what's really under the surface. So when they fill these places in to become reservoirs then they probably should take out old fence lines, stumps, logs, old house foundations, trees, old barns, etc, etc, etc, etc.? Never know what your jumping onto unless you're using the down/side scan technology so why let your kid jump off into a lake where there could be a chance of hitting something or getting caught on something? Most of the cover being placed is being placed fairly deep so unless the kid's scuba diving there shouldn't be any issues. Furthermore I would restrict swimming in the lake to the main beach and the campground beach area. There'd be no legal swimming anywhere else in the lake. Funny I never see people swimming in the marina or over off the dam so why does certain people feel the need to swim in the north end?

Oh a little more FYI, I grew up with a kid that jumped into some water he had no clue about and ended up paralyzed from the neck down. Water was too shallow for his proposed style of entry into it. So I've seen what happens when people go into water that they really have no clue about.

Last edited by spfldbassguy; 03-06-2012 at 10:46 AM.